Interview With Mr. Cadorette    

Mr. Cadorette

Mr. Cadorette

Cassidy Susi, Reporter

Librarian Mr. Cadorette is always interested in improving the library to make it as resourceful as possible for students.

One of the biggest developments that he, along with some students, have been working to create is a small, yet growing makerspace. He defines this area simply as a place where people have the tools to create things. So far, this area consists of lots of electronic pieces that students have used to make a variety of things, such as basic computers with USB outlets.

Mr. Cadorette originally wrote a grant in hopes that it would support and fund the expansion of this makerspace, but he did not receive the money. As a result, he paid for the components of the developing area with his own budget.

He is passionate about broadening this area because he feels it is a place for students to be creative; a place with no grades, no credit, only interest and imagination. He believes it is important for kids to think and explore the areas that appeal to them without feeling the pressures of school at the same time.

Mr. Cadorette is not only a makerspace advocate, but he also loves to read as well. His top three favorite books are East of Eden by John Steinbeck, The Tempest by Shakespeare, and The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. He loves a variety a genres, such as mysteries, sci-fi, and romance. Overall, Mr. Cadorette simply enjoys “a good story that is well told.”