How to Prepare for Midterms

Julia Gigliotti, Reporter

Midterms, the most dreaded time of year for students across the globe. Late nights, eye bags, stress and sitting in a silent classroom for hours and hours on end is the opposite of fun. Fortunately, there are ways you can make this time of the year a slight bit easier and ace all of your exams at the same time!  

Math teacher Mrs. Sturm encourages students to “review exams and study guides” and to “do practice problems because math is not a spectator sport.”

Senior Harris Yousafzai has an idea similar to Mrs. Sturm’s: “ Just go over study guides and review other texts.”

Reviewing papers and completing study guides is a great way to promise an A on your exam, but seniors Alex Petchark and Max Peabody have a different approach.  “I always make sure I have a good night’s sleep before, and not to exert myself with too much studying” said Petchark.

Peabody’s advice is to“not overwhelm yourself, and make sure you have a good breakfast.” 

Civics teacher Mr. Arnold suggests doing both. “ I like [students] to go over review sheets that I give them in class and get a good night’s sleep beforehand”.

Review sheets and getting a good night’s sleep are key to doing well on all of your exams, but there are also other strategies if you want to take your studying to the next level. Business teacher Mrs. Woznicki recommends completing flashcards.

Senior Illiana Stavens agreed,“I usually do a lot of flash cards, those always help”. Another way Stavens studies is by doing something that has not been mentioned yet, “I type an online document of all the information I need to know, it helps me remember it.”

Midterm exam time does not have to be awful. Get in the mindset that you will ace all of your exams, and that it does not have to be as hard as you think it is. Just follow these easy tips and you will be good to go. Good luck!