Senior Superlative Night Slayed

Isabelle Muller, Reporter

Despite being rescheduled due to a snow day, Senior Superlative Night was a hit. There were performances and videos showing off the talents of Waterford students. Hosts Julia Gigliotti and Ryan Jones along with the array of announcers kept the audience entertained all night.

One of the most popular performances of the night was a dance performed by Juliet Gonzalez and Naomi Jones. The piece was to the song “My Strongest Suit” and was choreographed by junior Lauren Knowles. Senior Hugh Sokolski said, “They did an amazing job and held the attention of the crowd the entire time. THEY SLAYED!”

Senior Tori Zane could not decide what her favorite performance was: “My favorite live performance was a toss up between Kayla and Natalie and Juliet and Naomi. It was hard to compare since they were both so different, but so good.” Kayla Mathiowetz and Natalie Frascarelli sang For Good from the musical Wicked.

Senior Megan Sturm, who spent many hours planning and preparing for the night, said her favorite performance of the night was Skipper Tila’s: “I think he really lightened the mood & ‘pumped up the party’-Hannah Montana. But all of the singers and dancers and sack racers did a great job as well.”

Another highlight of the night was when the winners for Most Likely to be on a Reality TV Show was announced. After a video showing interviews of each of the nominees was shown, Luke Barrs was announced as the winner of the award. Many members of the audience, however, believed Hugh Sokolski to be the rightful winner because they found his video to be far superior. Because Luke Barrs was not there to accept the award and from the protests of the people, Hugh Sokolski accepted the award instead. Sokolski said, “I feel GREAT about my win!!! The people chose me it was a great time. I was sweating and shaking because I never had so many people cheering for me. It was wild!!”

Sturm said “I felt that though Hugh won in unexpected ways. I believe the dub was well deserved”

Zane said, “When I head the winner of reality TV announced, I knew in my heart that justice had not been served. However, the people’s voices were heard and in an inspiring revolution, the trophy was placed in the hands of Hugh Sokolski and all was right with the world.”

When asked what he would do with all his awards, Sokolski said, “I am going to tack them to my board I have that houses all my high school memories”

The students of class counsel spent countless hours making everything for the night perfect. With the help of a few adults in the school, they were able to pull off a fantastic event. Megan Sturm said, “Shout out to Prpich and Batty and Shane for being great! Couldn’t do it without them!”