The All Female Cast of WATERFORDrama’s “Steel Magnolias” Set to Open Late October

Phi Kasem-Beg

WATERFORDrama’s Fall play, Steel Magnolias, is set to open October 25th, 26th, and the 27th at 7:00 in the Waterford High School auditorium. Tickets for students are $7 in advance and $10 at the door, and adult tickets are 12$ in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets can be bought during school hours in the Waterford High School main lobby and can be reserved by calling 860-437-6956 x. 7407 at any time.

The play covers events over the next three years with Shelby’s difficult decision to have a child despite her Type 1 diabetes, Clairee’s friendship with Ouiser; Annelle’s transformation from an anxious newcomer to a revival-tent Christian; and Truvy’s relationships with the men in her family. The name “Steel Magnolias” stems from all of the women being depicted as delicate as magnolias, yet tough as steel.

The cast includes:

Senior Chloe Wilson as Clairee

Junior Lily Watson as Shelby

Junior Nina Pezzello as M’Lynn

Junior Alicia Hensley as Truvy

Junior Emily Leitkowski as Annelle

Sophomore Emily Robillard as Ouiser

And stage managed by Junior Elise Tuckwood.

About the Writer
Phi Kasem-Beg, Reporter

Phi Kasem-Beg is a senior participating in her first year of journalism. She enjoys taking long walks on the beach, kombucha and chill, and criticizing...