Horoscopes for October 2018

Phi Kasem-Beg

Libra

Venus is in retrograde, Libra. Dive deep into your love and relationships, yet try to avoid commitments in your social life and love life until Venus goes direct once again on November 16th.

Take some time for self care on the eighth. This is your season, Libra. Take care of yourself, or if it brings you more joy, take care of others. You have a kind and nurturing spirit, and putting others before yourself occasionally feeds your inner needs.

Standout days: 2, 20, 28
Challenging days: 10, 22

Scorpio

Venus goes retrograde in Scorpio on October 5. Your love life with family, friends, and significant others will become deeper this month, Scorpio.

Life will become hectic this month, be sure to make time for yourself in self-reflection and self-care. You may doubt yourself this month, yet this is healthy for you. Feel free to make changes in your life for the better.

Standout days: 13, 18, 27
Challenging days: 2, 10

Sagittarius

As Venus goes into retrograde, you may reevaluate some of your relationships, Sagittarius. Due to the new moon, you need time for social interaction with your friends and loved ones. Go outside your comfort zone, branch out to larger groups, and expand your friend database.

Standout days: 3, 16, 29
Challenging days: 19, 26

Capricorn

The new moon will bring new opportunities and friendships towards you, Capricorn. Take authority in your actions this month.

Join a club or new group and branch out. New friendships will arise from going out of your comfort zone. Deep friendships take time to form, so try not to become impatient when creating bonds with new people.

Standout days: 12, 19, 24
Challenging days: 11, 29

Aquarius

With the new moon on the eighth, challenge a common idea or notion in your life. You may want to cling to a cherished idea, but do not limit yourself. The time for change and action is now.

At work or at school, pay close attention and become a good listener. You may become the go-to person at your work or school for information and the ‘inside scoop’.

Standout days: 5, 14, 24
Challenging days: 10, 31

Pisces

Watch a conflict turn around and heal itself this month, Pisces. Love may reveal itself in more subtle ways, but do not fear. Examine your relationships and discuss your feelings with others. Strengthening new friendships with good friends may bring deep conversations that may trigger a new dream or goal.

Standout days: 10, 11, 19
Challenging days: 4, 26

Aries

True love will not disappear this month, Aries. Your loved ones will only become closer this month as Venus goes retrograde on the 5th.

Be your strongest for the next few weeks. Try not to push the limits of your agenda, as this may cause some stress upon your social life.

Standout days: 8, 23, 28
Challenging days: 4, 11

Taurus

It’s the season for romantic secrets, Taurus. Love may become more exciting and new as you branch out and create new friends as the year comes to a close. Love will always be there right around the corner this month, but do not rely heavily on your cherished friends and loved ones. Now is a perfect time for self-reflection and care.

Standout days: 6, 11, 28
Challenging days: 17, 31

Gemini

You may come across a problem that has no foreseeable answer, Gemini. Be patient and let the solution find you as you take time to reflect on your own actions.

Get creative and playful this month, but do not involve yourself in risky situations that may damage your self-image.

Standout days: 12, 15, 29
Challenging days: 10, 19

Cancer

Complete a procrastinated project or spend time with a loved one this month, Cancer. It may feel as if people are less emotionally open and connected with you  this month, but the truth is feelings are more hidden and need to stay that way in order to avoid conflict.

Standout days: 12, 15, 29
Challenging days: 10, 19

Leo

Love and friendships may become secretive and stubborn this month, Leo. Make sure not to push your relationships to open up to you, as this may damage your friendships in the long run.

If your life becomes crazy around this time, try to learn to roll with the punches. Your social activities may become unpredictable this month, but try to enjoy yourself when you’re around your friends.

Standout days: 15, 26, 27
Challenging days: 7, 26

Virgo

Love and relationships will become more serious this month, Virgo. Do not forget to place time and effort in growing as an individual, though. You tend to place others before yourself, and with Venus in retrograde this month, take extra time for self-care.

Standout days: 7, 12, 29
Challenging days: 10, 19

About the Writer
Phi Kasem-Beg, Staff

Phi Kasem-Beg is a senior participating in her first year of journalism. She enjoys taking long walks on the beach, kombucha and chill, and criticizing...