Spirit Week Begins on October 16

Senior Bruce Taggart during last year's Color Wars.

Olivia Pitasi, Reporter

Spirit Week is the time of year where students compete individually and classes compete against classes to show who has the most spirit.

Monday- Pajama Day- Put on your favorite sleep masks, fun slippers and comfy clothes to bring in the week.

Tuesday- Dynamic Duo and Great Groups- Get with your friends and act as your favorite character in a duo you think is awesome. You can be Mickey and Minnie Mouse, The Beatles, frat boys, or anything else that is school appropriate and comes to mind. Don’t forget to head down to the auditorium where a competition will be held for best group.

Wednesday- Colors for a Cause- Due to the recent hurricanes affecting Puerto Rico, Florida, and Texas,  each class will have the opportunity to raise money to aid relief. There will be buckets for each class to donate to, and whoever raises the most money wins the contest.

The colors from freshman to seniors are as followed: white, black, red and blue. Deck out in that color from head-to-toe to show your class at the pep rally. For the last half of fifth block (B Day) head down to the field house for class competitions.

At 7pm, catch the junior and senior girls battle it out in the annual Powderpuff game.

Thursday- Holiday Day- Dress up in your holiday’s apparel. The holiday’s from freshman to seniors are as followed: St. Patrick’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Fourth of July and New Year’s Eve. Watch for when the clock strikes noon as the seniors will have their annual run through the school to celebrate their New Year’s at noon the field house lobby.

Friday- Lancer Nation Day- This day is to celebrate Lancer Nation and everything it offers. If you purchased a Lancer Nation shirt don’t forget to wear it. Dress in all Lancer blue and white to show your pride. There will be an extended advisory that day in the field house to hold teacher and student competitions.

Kickoff for the Homecoming football game against the Fitch Falcons is at 6:30 pm.

Saturday- Homecoming- This semi-formal dance will take place in the Old Gym from 7-10pm. There will be a DJ and photo booth, along with pizza and snacks midway through the dance. Tickets cannot be purchased at the door. All tickets are $15 and will be sold at every lunch wave Monday through Friday.

If you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions, please see Mrs. Woznicki or Mrs. Prpich.