The Lancelot

Holiday Traditions

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holiday Traditions

Cassidy Susi, Reporter

Students celebrate the holidays in lots of different ways. Each family has their own special traditions that make this time of year enjoyable. Overall, whether students celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or other holidays this December, most can agree that this season is about family, giving, and traditions.  

Junior Clancy Susi explains his favorite holiday tradition is the family Christmas Eve party that is held at his house annually. Susi is not the only student who loves getting his family together. Sophomore Liam Spellman enjoys getting new pajamas and reading the classic story Twas the Night Before Christmas with his family every Christmas.

Others enjoy activities such as baking or watching Christmas movies, like junior Hannah Fulton, whose favorite holiday traditions are making Christmas cookies and watching “National Lampoon’s Christmas” with her family every year. Sophomore Harrison Searle likes participating in his family’s gift swap with his cousins.

Christmas Eve is a special time to celebrate one of the last nights of the holiday season. Freahman Madison Nott explains that her favorite tradition is attending her family’s Christmas Eve party every year with her cousins. The holiday season is also a time people give presents to show their appreciation for their friends and family, like junior Megan Wyatt who explains her favorite holiday tradition is giving people gifts when she can.

Overall, the holidays are, for a lot of people, the most wonderful time of the year. The season is a time to see family and friends and give back to others. Ultimately, whether people prefer baking, parties, or exchanging gifts with one another, most can agree that the holidays are a happy time to pass holiday traditions on through their families.

About the Writer
Cassidy Susi, Editor

Cassidy Susi is a senior at Waterford High School and is currently employed at Recovery Restaurant in New London, Connecticut. She has played softball...