The Lancelot

The Face of The Library is Retiring

Mrs.+Jacaruso
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Face of The Library is Retiring

Mrs. Jacaruso

Mrs. Jacaruso

Mrs. Jacaruso

Mrs. Jacaruso

Jessica Cochran, Reporter

If you don’t know who Ms. J is, she works in the library, usually at the desk right where students walk in. Sadly, this is Ms. Jacaruso’s last year at Waterford High School. We can all agree that we don’t want her to retire, even Ms. J said that she didn’t really want to retire. When you walk down to the library, stop and say “hi.”

Before working at Waterford High School, Ms. J worked at Electric Boat for 25 years in different positions. First, she worked as a secretary and moved to working as a tech aid. She then moved up to working as an analyst. Working at Electric Boat and Waterford High School wasn’t what she dreamed of doing. She explained “opening up a baking business was my dream job”. She will get to do more baking during her retirement, which is something was excited for.

Megan Jones, a sophomore, explained why she was going to miss Ms. J: “I am going to miss Ms. J because she’s always extremely kind and she’s one of the sweetest people I know…. She’s also always smiling it seems like and just has this feeling of calmness and happiness about her”. Another sophomore, Rebecca Cameron, said “I was surprised to hear she was retiring because she’s always been there in the library.” Jones remembered “When I was out of school for a while because I had gotten a concussion, she was happy I was back and told me that she had been asking my friend where I was. It just made me happy”.

Ms. J said that she might come back to visit Waterford High School at some point. She wants to bring homemade baked goods for everyone to enjoy. She plans to do a lot more baking and relaxing during her retirement. She also said “but I am definitely happy that I won’t have to get up at 4 in the morning anymore” and I’m sure everyone would agree with her.

She explained one thing she was going to miss most about working at Waterford High School: “I’m going to miss the students a lot” and I know the students are going to miss her next year too. Jones also added “When I heard she was retiring I was kind of shocked and really sad too when it sunk in that I wouldn’t see her anymore.”

About the Writer
Jessica Cochran, Reporter

Jessica Cochran is a sophomore at Waterford High School. She lives in Waterford, Connecticut with her parents and her dog, Bear. She enjoys swimming in...