Five Things You Didn’t Know About Mr. Cheney

Kayla Turpin, Reporter

Mr. Cheney works in the history department, teaching Rise of Civilization and Early Modern History to freshmen and sophomores. However, there’s more to him than just being a teacher.

Here’s a look behind the classic glasses and tie:

1. Mr. Cheney is half Brazilian. His mother met his father in America one year, while she was traveling.
  2. He has traveled to 20 countries across five continents. He’s been to Europe 12 times.
  3. He has a “horribly boring” presidential politics blog. It helps him stay on top of his writing, while he is busy with school.
  4. This year, on January 15th, his son Arden was born. Mr. Cheney said, “I didn’t know I wanted to be a father until I became one. Now, I never want to stop.”
  5. Mr. Cheney says, “There aren’t five interesting things about me. Come to think of it, that’s a pretty interesting realization, so maybe there are five interesting things about me! But then that would cancel out number five. I suppose I’m back to not having five interesting things about me. Hmmm, that’s pretty interesting.”

With Mr. Cheney, there’s never a dull moment. As you can see from fact number five, he’s humble, smart, and sassy. Everyone who has him in class end up enjoying his classes. He’s definitely a person to put on your favorite teachers list.