Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
Marializ Diaz June 7, 2024

Waterford High School’s 2024 Senior Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday, June 4th.  The ceremony gave honor to many...

Camille Cadrello meeting her roommate for the first time after talking online.
Finding a Roommate
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

As the school year comes to an end, the 2024 Waterford seniors are getting ready to graduate and move on. In college,...

Michael Ellis: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

Inside the third floor computer room at Waterford High School resides veteran teacher Michael Ellis. This year marks Mr....

WaterforDRAMA presents: Little Women

For this year’s fall play, WaterforDRAMA is putting on Little Women, a period piece about a poor family trying to survive the Civil War, based on a novel by Louisa May Alcott.

The story follows a family of six, the Marches, centering around the four sisters; Amy, Beth, Jo, and Meg.

Although all four sisters are central to the story, Jo March, the middle sister, gets the spotlight. She is a tomboy who doesn’t care about appealing to societal standards or wooing a man. Jo is an aspiring author and her novel and the play become interwoven.

The show will be running from November 2nd to the 4th at 7PM at the WHS Auditorium. It is to runs around two hours with a 15 minute intermission. Tickets are being sold during every lunch wave all week but will also be sold at the door. Adult tickets are $12 and student and senior citizen (60+) tickets are $10. Tickets sold at the door may be more expensive.

Although the same program will be put on every night, small differences are to be expected.

Saturday night, the last night, is often considered the best night to see the show. By this point, the cast is comfortable and less nervous performing in front of an audience.

Choosing your seat is one of the most important steps in ensuring you enjoy the performance. The center section of seats provides the best view of the whole stage. While any row will provide good visibility, the middle to front rows are generally the best.

The cast list can be found below:

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Lancelot
$30
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Help support the student journalists of Waterford High School with your donations. Your contribution will allow us to publish print editions and cover our annual website hosting costs. Along with travel to workshops and additional add ons to The Lancelot.

About the Contributor
Yana Abramova
Yana Abramova, Copy Editor
Yana Abramova is currently a senior at Waterford High School. She is a part of Model UN, Waterford Drama and various honor societies. She has always enjoyed art and writing and hopes to further her skills in journalism. She has wanted to write for a school newspaper for many years and is very excited to finally have the opportunity to do so. Yana is also interested in pursuing experimental psychology, and linguistics, while also keeping up with theatre and art.
Donate to The Lancelot
$30
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (1)

All The Lancelot Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Madison SeifertOct 31, 2023 at 1:25 pm

I love Yana Abramova

Reply