Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
More Writers:

Saeeda Samed is a senior from Waterford High School. She has lived in several  places, including Ghana, and now resides in Quaker...

Emerson Lane
Emerson Lane
Editor-in-Chief

Emerson Lane is a senior at Waterford High School enrolled in her second year of the journalism course this year. She is a varsity...

Profile: Adriana Caba
Profile: Adriana Caba
Nola Gessner, Writer • April 26, 2024

Adrianna Caba is a student-athlete here at Waterford High School. She has been cheering on the high school cheer team for...

The Lancer Case
The Lancer Case
Marializ Diaz April 26, 2024

Waterford High School, which opened in 1956, has gone through a series of changes over its history. Initially, it only...

How Much Are Teens Spending on Food?
Emma Way April 26, 2024

Many teenagers apply for jobs at 16 years old, some even younger. Having a job gives teens a freedom that they have not yet...

2024 Super Bowl Rewind

The super bowl game is a highly anticipated event where millions of people watch and attend. February has the most entertaining event for people all around, bringing together people from all backgrounds to enjoy a simple football game. While many enjoy just the football game, this event has something for everyone. From some of the best advertisements of the year, the halftime show, and celebrity guest appearances, the super bowl hosts a great reason to gather around with your friends and family for a fun night of food, laughs, and fun times. 

This year the super bowl game hosts the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. With a throwback halftime performance from Usher. The most watched celebrity guest attending the super bowl is Chiefs Travis Kelce’s girlfriend, Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift has been known to be a good luck charm and steal the attention from the cameras. Since attending the past games of the Chiefs, many look forward to seeing her on the big screen during commercial breaks. 

This year the super bowl started off very slowly, ending the halftime with the score 10-3, giving the 49er’s the lead for the second half. Many plays were not executed completely, making the team dependent on field goals. Finally, it was in the fourth quarter that the Chiefs had a comeback and got a 13-10 lead in the third quarter. The competition rose with both teams pushing to outscore one another before the time dwindled down. The fourth quarter ended with scores of 19-19 from both teams, inducing an overtime lasting almost an hour, for the Chiefs to come out with the lead and win with a score of 25-22. Many fans were upset and were rooting for the 49er’s to win. 

When students at WHS were asked, 39% said they wanted the 49er’s to win while 22% said they were rooting for the Chiefs to win. On the other hand 40% of people said the thing they were looking forward to most was Usher’s halftime performance. Usher brought out guest appearances from Alicia Keys, H.E.R, Lil Jon, Ludacris, Will.i.am, and Jermaine Dupri. Alicia Keys left the crowd stunned with their intimate performance starting off with a broken note. Usher performed many throwback songs and dance moves that excited the crowd and left them in awe of his discography. 

This year, the Super Bowl had a total of 123.7 million views and was one of the most watched Super Bowls ever and one of the most popular TV programs in a long time. Coming off previous television events like the Grammys, and Olympic games in previous years. This is one of the most watched television events in years.