Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
Marializ Diaz June 7, 2024

Waterford High School’s 2024 Senior Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday, June 4th.  The ceremony gave honor to many...

Camille Cadrello meeting her roommate for the first time after talking online.
Finding a Roommate
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

As the school year comes to an end, the 2024 Waterford seniors are getting ready to graduate and move on. In college,...

Michael Ellis: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

Inside the third floor computer room at Waterford High School resides veteran teacher Michael Ellis. This year marks Mr....

Boys Basketball Advances To The Semi-Finals

boys+basketball
Wendy Morris
boys basketball

This week is the round up of the local basketball ECC tournament. The Eastern Connecticut Conference hosts the boys and girls basketball tournament; taking place during the final weeks in February. While the girls basketball team at Waterford High School lost in the first round, the boys basketball team advanced to semifinals; this Saturday at Waterford High School.

On February 22nd, the Waterford Boys basketball team competed against NFA in the quarterfinals of the ECC tournament. The two teams competed against each other previously on February 14th. The outcome of the game compared to last night was very different. WHS lost to NFA 81-63 leaving an unexpected outcome WHS left on Thursday night. 

The game on the 22nd was a tight battle, WHS boys advanced ahead finishing with a score of 71-68. Waterford now competes against St. Bernard’s High School who ended the high school season with an outstanding record 17-3. Waterford boys are looking for another upset as they previously lost to St. Bernards earlier in the season 67-39. 

The game will take place February 23rd a Saturday at 6pm. At WHS home gym the Francis X Sweeney Gymnasium. Given the home court advantage the outcome is up in the air and the lancers are looking for revenge. Come support the Lancers in the match to the finals Friday the 23rd.