Signs of Summer 

Signs of Summer 

Colin Harrington, Reporter

The weather is beginning to change in the Northeast, giving daily life a break from the cold weather conditions.I t is the time of the year to get some sun and hang out at outdoor attractions, with students flocking to these places.

Students are tossing Frisbees at Harkness State Park, walkers taking in the surroundings and of course the rise of business at Fred’s Shanty and Rita’s, both in neighboring New London.

Senior Adam Goss said, “I cannot wait for summer to come around.  I’ve been stuck inside for a while now and it will be nice to get out.  Also, being my last summer before I go off to Franklin Pierce University, I want it to go out with a bang.  I need warm weather to make it happen.”

It appears that Goss will get his wish.  According to the 2014 Farmer’s Almanac, the spring will be  hot but rainy spring. More importantly, the writers of the publication predict one of the hottest and driest summers.

Senior Emily Pepin took a trip to Paris with the school and came back surprised to see so many people with color and burns on their faces.

Pepin said, “Of course I am excited about the change of weather lately. It means summer is coming soon.”

At the end of the school day, it’s common to see students throwing footballs and hanging out in the parking lot, laying on the grass before practice and jumping in the car to meet at Fred’s and Rita’s.  The school grounds have become much more active in the past couple weeks.

Senior Sage Caristo-Mobley said, “Since the weather is getting better, I am happy to know that the school year is coming to an end.  I also get to spend more time after school going for walks and taking advantage of the weather.”

It’s that time of year again, clean the gutters, do some yard work, watch the flowers grow and make sure you get out to buy beach chairs and sunscreen for this coming summer.