Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
More Writers:

Elizabeth Saucier has lived in Waterford her whole life and is currently a senior at WHS. Elizabeth loves writing, reading, and...

Nola Gessner is a Sophomore at Waterford High School. This is Nolas first year taking journalism. She has grown up in Waterford...

Profile: Adriana Caba
Profile: Adriana Caba
Nola Gessner, Writer • April 26, 2024

Adrianna Caba is a student-athlete here at Waterford High School. She has been cheering on the high school cheer team for...

The Lancer Case
The Lancer Case
Marializ DiazApril 26, 2024

Waterford High School, which opened in 1956, has gone through a series of changes over its history. Initially, it only...

How Much Are Teens Spending on Food?
Emma WayApril 26, 2024

Many teenagers apply for jobs at 16 years old, some even younger. Having a job gives teens a freedom that they have not yet...

WHS Fall Spirit Week

As we head into November, it is time to prepare for one of the most exciting weeks of the year. Spirit Week! Starting Monday, November 13th, WHS students and staff are invited to dress up with the daily themes. 

Monday – Pajama day 

Tuesday – Rhyme without reason

Wednesday – Decade day

• Seniors: 1980s
    • Juniors:1950s
    • Sophomores: 1970s
    • Freshmen: 2000s

Thursday – Class colors 

• Seniors: Blue
    • Juniors: Red
    • Sophomores: Yellow
    • Freshman: Green

Friday – Lancer Nation Day

On Thursday everyone is invited to the Power Puff game and class competitions. Senior girls will face off the junior girls in two, 20-minute halves of Powder Puff. During half time the dance team will perform, followed by the class competitions: Tug of War, Musical Chairs, and Field Goal Kick. 

The fun continues Friday with a pep rally! The event will be held during block 4A in the field house, each grade will be called down. We will kick off the rally with the senior entrance, then a performance from the cheer team, and lastly some team competitions including, dodgeball between field hockey and girls soccer; Hungry, Hungry, Hippos between cross country, girls swim, and cheer; and volleyball between football and boys soccer.

Do not worry, the fun will carry on into Friday night with our Starry Night Homecoming Dance. Hosted in the WHS old gym, 7:00 to 10:00 pm. Tickets will be sold for $15.00 at each of the lunch waves in the week leading up to the dance (13th-17th), tickets are also available for purchase online. Tickets must be purchased in advance, they will not be sold at the door.