Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
More Writers:
Yana Abramova
Yana Abramova
Copy Editor

Yana Abramova is currently a senior at Waterford High School. She is a part of Model UN, Waterford Drama and various honor societies....

Zoey Cone
Zoey Cone
Reporter

Zoey Cone is a sophomore at Waterford High School. She has lived in Waterford, CT her whole life. Although this is Zoey's first...

A Night of Fun at Waterford High School
A Night of Fun at Waterford High School
Saeeda Samed, Author • February 21, 2024

Since its start last March, the Cultural Diversity Alliance has done big things for Waterford High School. The club's mission...

Anyone But You: Is It The Best New Rom-Com?
Emerson Lane, Editor-in-Chief • February 14, 2024

Anyone But You has taken social media by storm. The new rom-com starring Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell has a plot full of...

Eagles Hockey: The Upcoming Season
Eagles Hockey: The Upcoming Season
Maddie ParentFebruary 2, 2024

As the air gets colder and autumn comes to a close, the transition from the fall sports season into winter is on its way....

New Dances for WHS Dance Club Winter Session

Pull out your leg warmers, Lancer Nation, it’s time for the Winter session of the WHS Dance Club. If you were too busy to join Dance Club for the fall, due to conflicts with a sport or just trying to adjust to the new school year, there is still another chance to join. 

The Dance Club splits their season into two sessions: Fall and Winter. This fall, students learned a fun jazz dance, choreographed by advisor Paula MacDougall, that will be performed at the show in March. In the winter, not only will Paula be choreographing a group modern piece, certain upperclassmen students will also lead rehearsals for their own dances. These students include Seniors Lizzie Saucier, Cienna Nummy, and Skyler Jones, and Juniors Lexie Hullivan and Ava Rivera. There will also be one dance for seniors only and one dance for juniors. 

Rehearsals for the winter season begin on Monday, December 4th. There will be different dances rehearsing each day of the week from then to the show in mid-March. Paula’s group piece, which holds rehearsals on Wednesdays, is mandatory for club members. As for the student-choreographed pieces, members can pick and choose what pieces they want to do based on what works best with their schedule. All rehearsals will be taking place at the Waterford Community Center in the dance room. 

Four-year member, Lizzie Saucier, says “joining Dance Club is a great opportunity to meet new people, be creative, and try something new!” The only requirement to join Dance Club is a willingness to learn and have fun. No prior dance experience is needed! If interested, email Paula for additional details ([email protected]).