Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
More Writers:

Saeeda Samed is a senior from Waterford High School. She has lived in several  places, including Ghana, and now resides in Quaker...

Nola Gessner is a Sophomore at Waterford High School. This is Nolas first year taking journalism. She has grown up in Waterford...

Profile: Adriana Caba
Profile: Adriana Caba
Nola Gessner, Writer • April 26, 2024

Adrianna Caba is a student-athlete here at Waterford High School. She has been cheering on the high school cheer team for...

The Lancer Case
The Lancer Case
Marializ DiazApril 26, 2024

Waterford High School, which opened in 1956, has gone through a series of changes over its history. Initially, it only...

How Much Are Teens Spending on Food?
Emma WayApril 26, 2024

Many teenagers apply for jobs at 16 years old, some even younger. Having a job gives teens a freedom that they have not yet...

New Dances for WHS Dance Club Winter Session

Pull out your leg warmers, Lancer Nation, it’s time for the Winter session of the WHS Dance Club. If you were too busy to join Dance Club for the fall, due to conflicts with a sport or just trying to adjust to the new school year, there is still another chance to join. 

The Dance Club splits their season into two sessions: Fall and Winter. This fall, students learned a fun jazz dance, choreographed by advisor Paula MacDougall, that will be performed at the show in March. In the winter, not only will Paula be choreographing a group modern piece, certain upperclassmen students will also lead rehearsals for their own dances. These students include Seniors Lizzie Saucier, Cienna Nummy, and Skyler Jones, and Juniors Lexie Hullivan and Ava Rivera. There will also be one dance for seniors only and one dance for juniors. 

Rehearsals for the winter season begin on Monday, December 4th. There will be different dances rehearsing each day of the week from then to the show in mid-March. Paula’s group piece, which holds rehearsals on Wednesdays, is mandatory for club members. As for the student-choreographed pieces, members can pick and choose what pieces they want to do based on what works best with their schedule. All rehearsals will be taking place at the Waterford Community Center in the dance room. 

Four-year member, Lizzie Saucier, says “joining Dance Club is a great opportunity to meet new people, be creative, and try something new!” The only requirement to join Dance Club is a willingness to learn and have fun. No prior dance experience is needed! If interested, email Paula for additional details ([email protected]).