Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
Marializ Diaz June 7, 2024

Waterford High School’s 2024 Senior Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday, June 4th.  The ceremony gave honor to many...

Camille Cadrello meeting her roommate for the first time after talking online.
Finding a Roommate
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

As the school year comes to an end, the 2024 Waterford seniors are getting ready to graduate and move on. In college,...

Michael Ellis: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

Inside the third floor computer room at Waterford High School resides veteran teacher Michael Ellis. This year marks Mr....

2024 Senior Awards Ceremony

Waterford High School’s 2024 Senior Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday, June 4th. 

The ceremony gave honor to many students from the senior class for their dedication and achievements throughout their high school career. 

The ceremony was led by Principal Kirk Samuelson, and the awards were presented by Vice Assistant Principal Mrs. Moore and Assistant Principal Mrs. Batty. 

In total, $133,000 were given out to students to assist them in pursuing a career, trade, or college education. There were 272 awards given out to 120 seniors from the graduating class of 2024. 

The ceremony began honoring both the salutatorian, Payton Smith, and valedictorian, Suhana Sharma of the class of 2024. 

The awards consisted of Academic Achievement Awards presented by the WHS faculty; Recognition Awards, and scholarships. 

Awards given throughout the night varied from $100 to $5,000. The highest award given was $5,000 and was awarded to senior Maple Siu.

The Senior Awards Ceremony is an annual event where many people, organizations, businesses, and the WHS Scholarship committee come together to donate and award the graduating class. 

Overall, the Senior Awards Ceremony was a great success and an honor not only to the students honored but the entire Waterford High School community.