Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
2024 Senior Awards Ceremony
Marializ Diaz June 7, 2024

Waterford High School’s 2024 Senior Awards Ceremony was held on Tuesday, June 4th.  The ceremony gave honor to many...

Camille Cadrello meeting her roommate for the first time after talking online.
Finding a Roommate
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

As the school year comes to an end, the 2024 Waterford seniors are getting ready to graduate and move on. In college,...

Michael Ellis: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Saeeda Samed, Author • June 4, 2024

Inside the third floor computer room at Waterford High School resides veteran teacher Michael Ellis. This year marks Mr....

Eudy Night

Eudy Night

Our annual Eudy night here at Waterford was hosted this past Monday, October 16 2023, against Ledyard High School. Eudy night is hosted to honor the late Josh Eudy, a previous WHS history teacher and volleyball coach. Eudy taught and coached from 2006 up until his passing in 2013. He was named head coach of WHS volleyball in 2010, during the 2013 season, Eudy was diagnosed with stage four colon, lymph, node, and liver cancer. He passed that following Christmas. Since then, WHS has done everything they can to keep the memory of coach Eudy alive.

Every year the Volleyball team hosts a bake sale during a home game to raise money for the Eudy scholarship. This scholarship goes to a student either on the volleyball team or a student pursuing a major in history. Someone Eudy would love. This year, the volleyball team held the bake sale during their game against Ledyard High School because coach Eudy was raised and graduated from Ledyard. The bake sale raised $871 this year to put towards the scholarship. Even 10 years later, Eudy’s impact and memory here at WHS lives on. WHS will continue to honor the great man that was, Josh Eudy.