Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Home of Waterford High School News

The Lancelot

Archives
More Writers:
Yana Abramova
Yana Abramova
Copy Editor

Yana Abramova is currently a senior at Waterford High School. She is a part of Model UN, Waterford Drama and various honor societies....

Isabella Dioquino is a sophomore at Waterford High School. She enjoys writing, reading, and music. In her free time, you can often...

Benefits from Pilates and Yoga to Improve Your Overall Well Being
Emerson Lane, Editor in Chief • April 19, 2024

Being healthy is a goal of many students whether it is their mental or physical health. Students work on their own healthy...

Cop Parents
Cop Parents
Samara Holley, Author • April 19, 2024

In our town, many of us have grown up with classmates who have parents in law enforcement. This aspect of our community...

boys basketball
Winter Sports Wrap-up
Lauren Piotrowski, Editor • April 17, 2024

Wrestling- Finishing the season with a record of 16-10, Coach Chris Gamble says that his favorite meet of the season was...

A Night of Fun at Waterford High School

Since its start last March, the Cultural Diversity Alliance has done big things for Waterford High School. The club’s mission has been to provide a safe space for people of all backgrounds through murals, projects, discussions, and volunteering in our community.

They have volunteered at the Waterford Food Bank and put up a display for Black History Month. 

Currently, their largest upcoming project is a Culture Night being held at school on March 23rd from 5pm to 8pm in the field house. 

Jackie Tran, one of the leaders of the Cultural Diversity Alliances says, “The event will be a night full of food, festivities, and performances of many different cultures that are represented in the local community.”

The club has reached out to multiple food vendors like Recovery Room and Taqueria Cinco. They are also on the search for performers and have reached out to organizations at local colleges like Mitchell College and Connecticut College.

Sidney Alexandre, a senior and member of the Culture Diversity Alliance, has high hopes for the event: “Right now we are all working really hard to contact businesses and organizations in our local community to be a part of this event and we are excited to put this together.” 

The hope is to have this event be a success for not just Waterford High School but the Waterford community as well. 

If you have any suggestions or want to participate in this event, please contact Saeeda Samed at [email protected].