Dear Teachers, Faculty, and Staff

Anna Schleck

Dear Teachers, Faculty, and Staff,

We want to thank each and every one of you for your tireless work this year. These past few months have been difficult, but you have all stepped up to the challenge. Many of you have had to learn new ways of teaching with the transition to distance learning. We will look back on this year and be grateful for the lessons we learned and the memories made, but none of that would have been possible without the help of our teachers, and staff. 

To the administrators, thank you for listening to our concerns and leading us in the right direction. Your leadership over the past four years has put us in a position to be successful. Thank you for keeping our best interests at heart and for creating a learning safe environment where we can be ourselves. To the guidance department, thank you for showing us the way, even when we did not want to follow. Your wisdom and guidance, especially over this past year has positioned us all for future success. Collectively, you all form the backbone on which this school relies on.

To the support staff; every secretary, nurse, janitor, hall monitor, cooking staff, IT staff, and many more, you all work behind the scenes everyday to make sure Waterford High School is as successful as it can be. Over the past four years, we have eaten a lot of lunches, come to school late a few times, and made a mess every once in a while. Even after all of us have left, many of you still work into the afternoons, making sure that the school is ready for another day of learning. Your hard work often goes unrecognized, but we would not be where we are if it weren’t for all you, so thank you.

Finally, to our teachers, you have made tremendous impacts on all of our lives. These past few months you have spent hours changing your lessons to accommodate to distance learning. You have had to deal with the stressors of home life on top of being a teacher. Many of you have had to balance being a parent while also providing your students the best education possible. You have listened to our worries, fears, goals, and dreams. You have continued to teach us and mold us even from afar. You have coached us, laughed with us, and taught us some of life’s most important lessons. Like us, you too have missed out on end of the year events, and the ability to say goodbye to students whom you have bonded with over the past four years. There are not enough words to describe the enormous impact you have had on all our lives over these four years of high school. We wish we could give you hugs and handshakes, and celebrate with you, but just know that none of us would be in the position we are right now, if it weren’t for all of you. There are no words to quantify what you have done for us but we will try our best. Thank you for everything you have done for us, we will miss you next year.

Sincerely,

The Waterford High School Class of 2020